Accueil > Programmes > Doctorats
By the way...
With two hundred years of tradition, École Polytechnique provides a broad-based, in-depth scientific training. For twenty years now, the engineering course has been supplemented by the doctoral program: the École Polytechnique Doctoral School leads its Master's students towards the Doctoral diploma, offering research the benefit of the Polytechnique tradition for quality, rigour and creativity.
a few figures
- 900 École Polytechnique PhDs work in research, education and companies
- 400 doctoral students are currently writing their theses
- 9 fields of study: biology, chemistry, humanities and social sciences, information technology, mathematics, applied mathematics, mechanics, physics and economic sciences
- 80 thesis are submitted every year
- 250 teachers are authorised to direct theses
- doctoral students are integrated into one of the 21 laboratories in the research centre or into a partner establishment
- partnership s and agreements with ENSTA, IHES, ICSN, CEA-DSM, THALES, ONERA, INRIA, etc.
- The EP thesis prize is awarded by a jury presided by J-C YOCCOZ (Fields medal) to some of the theses submitted every year.